Discover 2017 programme
Philippe Binard – WAPA
“Prognosfruit is a well established event on the agenda of the European apple and pear production. We are very pleased Prognosfruit is returning to Lleida, where a previous edition took place more than 20 years ago. The registration is now open on this website!”
Francesc Torres Rosell – Afrucat
“We are very pleased to host the congress Prognosfruit once more in Catalonia. We hope that producers, technicians, managers and associates consider our programme interesting and all of you will come to enjoy our city and our heritage. Welcome to the land of fruit.”
Wednesday – 9 August 2017
All day: Individual arrival
Optional from 17:00 – 19:00 visit to the fruit centre
*For WAPA members only: WAPA interim meeting from 15:00 – 17:30.
19:30 – Gathering at the Hotel
19:30-20:00 – Bus to evening reception
20:00 – Reception by City Mayor and Diputació President of the Lleida Provincial Council at the Seu Vella of Lleida. The city will offer a cocktail & tapas to the attendees.
21:30 – Shuttle buses back to the hotel
Conference day – 10 August 2017
Conference day at La Llotja, Convention Centre.
8:00 – 9:00 – Registration
9:00 – 10:45 – Session 1
- 9:00-9:30- Welcome and official opening by Philippe Appeltans (Copa-Cogeca) and Francesc Torres (Afrucat)
- 9:30-10:45 – Apple forecast and market outlook 2017. Fresh, organic and juice with participation of Philippe Binard (WAPA), Helwig Schwartau (AMI), Fritz Prem (Europäisches Bioobst-Forum) and Franz Ennser (Austria Juice).
10:45-11:15 – Networking break
11:15-13:30 – Session 2
- 11:15-12:00 – Pear forecast and market outlook 2017. With participation of Helene Deruwe (WAPA) and Helwig Schwartau (AMI)
- 12:00-13:00 – Round table on European market outlook for apples and pears
- 13:00-13:30 – Apples and pears in Spain with Sara Ruiz (Afrucat)
13:30-15:00 – Networking Lunch
15:00-17:30 – Session 3
- 15:00-16:00 – Global versus local trends: Retail and food service perspectives, with participation of Afrucat, ASEDA, REWE, and Pomona Group.
- 16:00-16:45 – Apples and pears around the world with the participation of Philippe Binard (WAPA), Helwig Schwartau (AMI), Todd Fryhover (Washington Apple Commission), Kevin Moffitt (USA Pears) and Nick Dicey (South African Apple and Pear Producers’ Association)
- 16:45-17:15 – Spanish apples and pears and business diversification with Maria Sorribes (Indulleida)
- 17:15-17:30 – Closing remarks by Philippe Appeltans (Copa-Cogeca) and Francesc Torres (Afrucat) & Preview Prognosfruit 2018
Gala dinner – Thursday 10 August 2017
20:30 – Shuttle buses to the cellars
21:00 – Reception and galadiner at the Raimat Cellars
23:30-00:30 – Shuttle buses back to the hotel
Technical visit (optional) – Friday 11 August
There are three options for a technical visit.
- the fruit centre on Wednesday the 9th August from 17:00 to 19:00
- the fruit centre on Friday 11 August from 9:30 to 11:30
- the plantation of la Rasa – the largest European apple and pear plantation on Friday 11 August from 7:30 to 22:00